Explore the most common emergencies in the elderly population:
- Change in mental status
- Cardiovascular emergencies
- Cerebrovascular emergencies
- Pulmonary emergencies
- Orthopedic emergencies
- Renal emergencies
- Skin emergencies
- Abdominal emergencies
- Immune system events
- Nutrition emergencies
- Poly pharmacy
- Abuse and neglect
In this program, you will learn to:
- Plan methods to reduce potential of injury from falls in the elderly.
- Compare and contrast physical and psychological reasons for changes in mental status.
- Compare and contrast common geriatric neurological events.
- Describe the most common cardiac events in the elderly.
- Plan care for patients with pulmonary dysfunction.
- Differentiate etiologies and treatment for various causes of abdominal pain.
- Explain the immune changes that occur in the elderly to cause dysfunction ot the immune system.
- Identify the best actions to take for the patient with various levels of renal dysfunction.
- Identify the tell-tale signs of multiple medication effects on geriatric patients.
- Plan care to identify abuse and neglect.
You will get an incredible amount of useful information to take back to the bedside and use immediately to improve your nursing care!
Geriatric Emergencies includes:
Six audio CDs (342 minutes) covering:
1. Factors that predispose the geriatric population to potential emergencies.
2. Why elders are at risk for falling, for injury from falling, and how to reduce the risk.
3. Change in mental status.
4. Emergency events: prevention, presentation, and prompt action.
5. Polypharmacy: inappropriate medications and adverse drug events
6. Abuse and neglect
Compilation Workbook (PDF)
Plus a FREE bonus:
The Critical Care Skills Pocket Reference (24 pages)
Here’s how to order right now:
Buy Geriatric Emergencies now